The Five Spirits of Budo

Discuss the many concepts and theories that exist in the world of Shotokan Karate

Moderator: EmmaRobins

Re: The Five Spirits of Budo

Postby kensei » Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:54 pm

fujicolt wrote:
bushin wrote:C'mon guys lets have a laugh! Life is to serious and if you take yourself to serious then your just too much...haha :P
The most effective way to train the mind is
unquestionably through keiko [training]. In the
same way that a cook cannot know the taste of his
food without eating it, martial artists cannot
know the taste of budo without keiko. The best
thing is to go to the dojo and devote yourself
to keiko. In addition, in daily life, you have
to remember to calm your mind by listening to
music and doing good things that feed your mind
with positive energy.

By Masaaki Hatsumi

please don't patronize - we can all read and refer to past masters etc etc - just explain what YOU mean please so that we can all benefit or - disagree!.

Me thinks this is spinning out of control...lets pull in the Horses a bit here guys.

First off Ninjitsu as a whole is a load of bunk...even if Hatsumi comes up with a good quote that I happen to agree with. Secondly,I thought that anyone training in NINJA ways was either a red neck from the south who "wanna be a Ninjer" or some poor lost soul that just does not get "it"! sorry to be blunt but Ninja skills died out and were "brought back" by a very smart marketing minded guy with a few classes of Judo and Karate under his "belt" and a good eye for a money making trend!
Now, back to the five spirits of Budo please!
James. J
Even monkeys fall from trees
kensei

Postby fujicolt » Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:59 pm

I shall step out then for a while BUT be aware of theorists :wink:
fujicolt

Postby nathanso » Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:38 pm

kensei wrote:... Ninja skills died out ....

But isn't the quandary that this is precisely what the real ninja would want people to believe?
Neil Nathanson
nathanso

Postby kensei » Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:49 pm

nathanso wrote:But isn't the quandary that this is precisely what the real ninja would want people to believe?

LMAO, yah and St. Nick wants all the good little girls and boys to give him a check for christmas offerings and skip the cookies!

It is well documented that the true lineage of Ninjitsu is BROKEN and that it died out or became something different, then a few schrewd money minded blokes brought back the "historical" ninja and became "masters".

The Ninja dont want us to think they died out..they did..its the "new age" ninja that want us to ignore facts and pay money to "learn the true ways".

The Ninjitsu that you learn today is basically reworked Karate/Ju jitsu and judo! But dont trust me and most of the historieans...go and pay your money...every villiage needs its fools!
James. J
kensei

Postby fujicolt » Sat Jun 05, 2010 7:52 pm

James - you wanna see the village i live in - but sadly our fools are mainly harmless and just want everyone to sing and dance and have fun at every village event - OH sugar that sounds like me!
fujicolt

Postby kensei » Sat Jun 05, 2010 7:57 pm

fujicolt wrote:James - you wanna see the village i live in - but sadly our fools are mainly harmless and just want everyone to sing and dance and have fun at every village event - OH sugar that sounds like me!

:P :P :P
James. J
kensei

Postby fujicolt » Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:23 pm

Sad thing is it is true! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: 8) :wink:
fujicolt

Essay editor online

Postby Brokerselums » Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:24 am

Best Custom Writing Service: persuasive essay writing for any topic! 25% Discount For Your Orders - WPMMEFY2237 ORDER

If you're like many of our clients, you're here because you're a busy student who needs an extra set of hands. With so many disconnected, multifaceted, and unreasonable expectations on you, it can be hard, if not impossible, to get assignment writing done on time. The difference is in our best custom writing assignments. We don't have a library of papers we sell, nor do we apply a one-size-fits-all treatment of our clients. We make sure that customized essays we provide fully match your instructions. We consider each assignment and student individually and treat it as if it were our own. Our experts take time searching for relevant information to present high-quality customized essays.

Key Tags: paper writers for college essay writing service in usa buying essays online reviews help with college paper writing essay help writing research paper buying someone to write my paper for me buying essays safe research methodology dissertation essay writer cheap help paraphrasing college essay services thesis help services dissertation literature review example apa research paper order thesis writing service reviews write my term papers dissertations database essay on money cannot buy everything best dissertation pay someone to write paper best essay for you cheap papers and essays best place buy research papers do my coursework where to buy papers coursework writer uk dissertation service
25% Discount For Your Orders - WPMMEFY2237
Brokerselums

Need help writing scholarship essay

Postby Brokerselums » Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:25 am

Best Custom Writing Service: persuasive essay writing for any topic! 25% Discount For Your Orders - WPMMEFY2237 ORDER

If you're like many of our clients, you're here because you're a busy student who needs an extra set of hands. With so many disconnected, multifaceted, and unreasonable expectations on you, it can be hard, if not impossible, to get assignment writing done on time. The difference is in our best custom writing assignments. We don't have a library of papers we sell, nor do we apply a one-size-fits-all treatment of our clients. We make sure that customized essays we provide fully match your instructions. We consider each assignment and student individually and treat it as if it were our own. Our experts take time searching for relevant information to present high-quality customized essays.

Key Tags: cheap essays online custom coursework what can i write my essay on chronological order in writing essay compulsive buying essays write my paper for me cheap essay editor service buy cheap papers online best buy financial statement analysis essays essay marking service essay help forum write my paper custom essay cheap dissertation phd buy a computer essay order of apa research paper buy custom essay buy an essay history essay writing service dissertation editors write my research paper for cheap term paper writers wanted write a good thesis narrative essay disobeying order best essay writing service website essay writing services legal birth order essay examples custom paper writers
Brokerselums

Write my paragraph for me

Postby Brokerselums » Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:28 am

Key Tags: cheap term papers sale fast essay writing service order of paragraphs in persuasive essay custom admission essay essay writing assignment help essay writing service vancouver professional essay writer public order advocate essay buy research papers online buying term papers plagiarism argument essay help write my english paper can you buy research papers online term paper writer money can buy you happiness essays argumentative essay helper buy jyj music essay cheap non plagiarized essays coursework psychology online essay writing help buy academic papers buy a research paper online buying paper best site buy term papers national junior honor society essay help pre-written essays to buy essay money can buy happiness write my essay service
Brokerselums

Previous

Return to Concepts & Theories