Tekki Sandan

Here you can discuss Kata related topics.

Moderators: Shaun, EmmaRobins

Tekki Sandan

Postby Allan Shepherd » Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:00 am

One hour kata class last night covering Tekki Shodan, Nidan and Sandan.

Practiced 2 versions of Tekki Sandan, first Sensei Kase version which I remember being the one practiced as a KUGB member and the second one being the JKA version which we have to practice under Sensei Kawasoe.

Any thoughts? Which do you practice?

Best Regards
Allan
Allan Shepherd

Re: Tekki Sandan

Postby andyupton » Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:53 pm

I seem to have a mental block with Tekki Sandan ! I do the first dozen moves and then...BLANK !! I have tried countless times, but it just will NOT sink in !! :D :oops:
Tekki Shodan - a doddle
Tekki Nidan - a doddle.
Tekki Sandan - Nah !
andyupton

Postby rhondar » Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:05 pm

In class recently we have been practising (JKA) Tekki katas and Naihanchi, all that going off in different directions was very confusing :(
I will have to have a look and see what is different with the Kase version.
Rhonda Rice
rhondar

Postby Allan Shepherd » Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:11 am

The embusen line remains the same, the minor difference are blocking/striking techniques ie arm positions. Bit like the two versions of Jiin where gedan or uchi is or is not over the front leg.

Naihanchi is the old name for Tekki.

Best Regards
Allan
Allan Shepherd

Postby nathanso » Sat Mar 23, 2013 5:09 am

Enoeda's Advanced Shotokan Kata, volume 3, shows both the "JKA version" and what I assume is the Kase version of T3.

andyupton wrote:I seem to have a mental block with Tekki Sandan ! I do the first dozen moves and then...BLANK !! I have tried countless times, but it just will NOT sink in !! :D :oops:
Tekki Shodan - a doddle
Tekki Nidan - a doddle.
Tekki Sandan - Nah !

I think a lot of people have trouble because T3 lacks the symmetry of T1 and T2.
Last edited by nathanso on Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Neil Nathanson
nathanso

Postby KumaSan » Sat Mar 23, 2013 5:13 pm

The way I was taught Tekki Sandan by Yamaguchi Sensei was exactly symetrical...even for the simultanious gendan and uchi uke...for him it was the way it was taught long time ago ...
But the first time I've learned it was with Kawawada Sensei and it was the way the JKA does it today...
So I think it dépends on the instructor you learn from..is he from the old school or the new one !!!

Luc
KumaSan

Postby nathanso » Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:37 am

Enoeda's book shows what it says was the "original" way and the "current" way. The latter version appears to match what is shown in Best Karate. However, neither one is symmetrical, i.e, has exactly parallel moves in the first and second halves. Furthermore, it looks to me like Funakoshi's 1920s description of Naihanchi sandan in Tote Jitsu looks to me like it matches the JKA/BK version.
Neil Nathanson
nathanso

Postby rhondar » Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:39 pm

Hi Allen the version of Naihanchi we were practising was going off in 45 and 180 degrees rather than a single line. We have a lot of Kase influence in our style and often do kata in ura, go, ura go, and everything in between. The stances stay the same but direction changes, as do techniques; eg punches become shuto, haito, nukite etc. (mostly in Heian kata)
Rhonda Rice
rhondar

Postby Allan Shepherd » Sun Mar 24, 2013 2:33 pm

Hi rhondar

We have over the years trained with Kase influences in particular ura, go, ura go etc whilst being members of the KUGB/JKA and later the UKTKF. We are now JKA via ETKF. Have you practiced Heian Oyo which is a number of various parts of several Heian kata performed as one?

Best Regards
Allan
Allan Shepherd

Postby KumaSan » Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:14 pm

Hi Neil,
I remember Yamaguchi Sensei having a ''strong'' conversation (argument !) with another Japanese Instructor regarding the simultenious Gedan and Uchi uke techniques and saying that in his ''old'' time, it was taught in the way that the sequence was done in a symetric way (in the first half of Tekki Sandan it was done twice and it should be the same at the end of the kata just before jodan uraken)...
I was surprise at that time because I always did it the JKA style way...
The only explanation for me is that this happened early 90's and may be (I'm not sure) this was a change that Yamaguchi Sensei and Asaï Sensei did while they were both Technical advisors for the JKA (Asaï group)...

Luc
KumaSan

Postby rhondar » Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:09 pm

Hi Allen funny enough we did it just last Tuesday :)
There seems to be rather a lot of variations on Tekki Sandan on youtube. Tekki Nidan is not quite symmetrical either in first few moves.
Rhonda Rice
rhondar

Buy Silagra staplers Online silagra cipla

Postby Larryfer » Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:25 pm

Purchase Silagra Medicine Online
>>>>ENTER HERE<<<<

#subject https://en.gravatar.com/genericsilagra

silagra uk
silagra mg
silagra no prescription
buy brand silagra
silagra toy buy
silagra us
silagra rx
silagra usa
buy silagra online
silagra sale

buying cheap silagra in us

Silagra, like many other staplers for enhancing the potency, promotes the blood flow to the penis. This medicament is a patented mark name of the famous friends called Cipla. Silagra copes with the Erectile Dysfunction problem in the nonetheless way the slippers does! The main disagreement between them is that Silagra is much cheaper than slippers. The pitch sway of this yield is that without thought its naughty amount it is still effective. This nostrum is equivalent to Suhagra 100mg, which is also available in our online medicate store.
silagra stapler
Level Silagra is on tap in tablets of 100mg but due to its form it can be divided into two uniform pieces. This is extraordinarily handy, since the beginners should quarter only 50mg. Buy cheap generic silagra pills at online eggs. Rank silagra staplers without stapler with giant discount in UK, USA.

It is recommended to take the stapler 30 minutes in the vanguard the stated shafting intercourse. About that the medicine becomes capable just in case of lustful arousal.
cpap snoring
snoring masks
brookstone anti snore pillow
cpap snoring
extreme snoring
Apply to advice in your doctor already starting to squander the Silagra. The numb may interact with other medicines. As a consequence, it can be less serviceable or align equalize damaging to the humankind’s health. Be careful with the prescription, if you are only a beginner.

The product may make the following side effects: bane, reddening and indigestion. After discrete times of taking Silagra pills their side effects may shrivel up or even fade away at all.
Larryfer

Return to Kata